APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Development Course
The APIC/SHEA Leadership Course provides an opportunity for healthcare epidemiologists (HEs) and infection preventionists (IPs) from facilities of all types to partner with each other and/or their administrators (quality directors, chiefs of nursing or medicine, patient safety directors, etc.), or others crucial to the shared leadership to facility or system-wide IPC for a truly unique learning experience. This interactive learning course focuses on the key concepts of leadership, decision-making, team-building, culture management, and influence.
- Infection preventionists, healthcare epidemiologists, quality directors, patient safety directors, nurse executives, physician leaders, and others in positions to enhance the infection prevention program and who are ready to help their facility transform into the healthcare setting of the future
- Team managers and people leaders who want to expand their management and leadership toolkits
- Mid-level or advanced infection preventionists and physicians who are looking to advance their leadership skills to the next level
- APIC or SHEA members committed to the future of infection prevention
- Get proven leadership learning from the American Association for Physician Leadership (AAPL) that maximizes the best practices from APIC and SHEA
- Experience the invaluable learning that comes from intensive paired learning environments
- Gain leadership competencies essential to advanced level professional development and career advancement for healthcare professionals
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues to grow your network and your influence
The APIC/SHEA Joint Leadership Course is being held at the beautiful Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, just minutes from APIC headquarters and downtown Washington, DC. Overlooking the Potomac River and less than one mile from Reagan National Airport, this venue is ideal for executive-level learning and networking.
Conference Hotel Rates
APIC has secured discounted conference rates for this event of only $129 s/d (excludes taxes and fees). An additional $20 per person will be added to the rate for anything beyond double occupancy.
To take advantage of this rate, contact the hotel and mention the "APIC Conference Rate." Reservations must be made by November 9, 2018. All major credit cards are accepted. Click here to view a PDF with more detailed information about the hotel reservations.
The Washington DC and Arlington metropolitan areas are served by 3 major airports.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) | Distance to Event: >1 mile
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) | Distance to Event: 28 miles
- Thurgood Marshall/Baltimore-Washington International Airport | Distance to Event: 38 miles
Taxi and ride-sharing services are available from all airports and the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel provides shuttle service to the facility from all 3 airports. Click here to view a PDF with detailed shuttle information.