The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) is committed to offering its members and other professionals opportunities to participate in valuable educational activities that address identified practice gaps, optimize patient care, and facilitate advances in healthcare epidemiology, infection control and antimicrobial stewardship. Our mission is focused on the prevention of healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic resistance to advance the fields of healthcare epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship.
Areas of Focus
Our Education should:
- advance the science of healthcare epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship through research and education;
- translate knowledge into effective policy and practice;
- mentor, train, and promote professional development and leadership in healthcare epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship;
- collaborate and share expertise with other organizations;
- adhere to high standards by promoting honesty and ethical principles in the practice of epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship.
Online Education Proposals
We welcome submissions on innovative topics that are cutting edge, controversial, and discuss unanswered issues/questions in Healthcare Epidemiology and Antibiotic Stewardship. Submissions can include educational opportunities related to healthcare epidemiology, surveillance, implementation science and patient safety, outbreak response, LTAC, prevention strategies and many more.
We thank you for your help in creating and proposing education for the Online Education Center that appeals to our learners..
Please complete all of the fields listed below before hitting the submit button.
We encourage all to submit their proposal ideas!
(Please provide a description of the topic or unmet need you are addressing)
Please submit 1 - 3 Learning Objectives.
Upon submission of your Online Education Proposal you will see a “Go back to the form” link. That link will take you to a blank form that you may submit again for multiple proposals. You can also use the link to open a separate window, in order to fill out another form.