C&C: Long Term Care - October 30
Grab your favorite morning beverage, turn on your camera and come have an open, candid hour-long conversation about how COVID-19 is impacting you, your work, and anything and everything in between. This Converse and Convene: COVID-19 will focus on questions surrounding Long Term Care. Questions to be addressed:
- Are infection preventionists and ID specialists currently involved with local nursing homes to help provide expertise?
- How can nursing homes deal with staff turnover and staff working at multiple facilities?
- What types of solutions do people have to prevent staff from gathering in break rooms and eating lunch together?
- How are space issues being dealt with when cases of COVID-19 are identified?
- What type of testing is being used, and how often are residents and staff being screened?
Moderators: Jennifer Hanrahan, DO, MSC, University of Toledo; Ghinwa Dumyati, MD, University of Rochester; Nimalie Stone, MD, MS, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Robin Jump, MD, PHD, Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Aff Med Ctr
This event is open to SHEA members only at this time.
- House Keeping Review
- Moderator Overview of Topic
- Break Out Discussions
- Recap and Farewell
Jennifer Hanrahan, DO, MSC
University of Toledo
Robin Jump, MD, PHD
Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Aff Med Ctr
Ghinwa Dumyati, MD
University of Rochester
Nimalie Stone, MD, MS
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Register for this course by selecting the "take course" button above. Complete the demographic information. Once registered, you will have access to the webinar.
If you are receiving an ENROLLMENT RESTRICTION, the system is not recognizing you as an Active Member of SHEA. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Converse and Convene: COVID-19 will be utilizing Zoom meetings. You will be able to join our event by clicking on the Zoom link provided in the course. If this is your first Zoom meeting on your device, visit https://zoom.us/download.
Please note: this only needs to be done once for any device on which you use Zoom for the first time. Please do this well in advance of the meeting.