#SocialCongress: Perceptions and Use of Social Media on Capitol Hill
Social media has gained a foothold in congressional offices. Based on a 2014 survey of congressional Legislative Directors and Communications Directors, CMF has identified how offices are using social media, who is responsible within offices for social media strategies, and what staffers view as the benefits and drawbacks of social media.
- Training Video
- Handout - How to Be Heard on Social Media
- Handout - Shaping Conversations on Social Media
- How Congress is using social media to communicate members' views;
- How staff transmit social media content from their platforms to policy staff and legislators; and
- Strategies for quickly getting the attention of members' offices.