What's New in SSI Prevention?
- Describe some areas of controversy around SSI and the available evidence behind these interventions:
- Topical antibiotics and antibiotic impregnated cement
- Surgical wound irrigation with antibiotic or antiseptic solutions
- Impact of frequent door openings on SSI risk
- Other controversial interventions
- Describe how frequent door openings and noise in the operating room can lead to SSIs and interventions to promote calm in the OR
- List how SSIs are publicly reported
- Assess the evidence for or against an association between public reporting and SSI rates
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.