2. Implementing an Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship Program: Chipping Away at the Iceberg
This series provides an overview of the principles and tools of implementation science, and strategies to move evidence-based guidelines and research into consistent healthcare practice.
Implementation challenges and tips to start an outpatient antimicrobial stewardship program and to prevent central line associated bloodstream infection in inpatient and outpatient care settings are two examples used to provide a practical “how to” guide for implementation.
Webinar 2, Speaker: Jeffrey Gerber, MD, PhD
Healthcare epidemiologists; quality and patient safety specialists; physicians; infection preventionists; antimicrobial stewardship pharmacists.
- List current best practices for implementing outpatient antimicrobial stewardship.
- Describe the real-world examples of outpatient antimicrobial stewardship implementation.
- Identify the tools and resources that are available to help implement outpatient antimicrobial stewardship.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Click "Take Course"
- *Be sure to click "Join Webinar" in order to register and receive email directions and reminders before the live event
- After listening to the Webinar, take the Post Test
- Download or print your certificate