This webinar series provides an overview of the principles and tools of implementation science, and strategies to move evidence-based guidelines and research into consistent healthcare practice.
Implementation challenges and tips to start an outpatient antimicrobial stewardship program and to prevent central line associated bloodstream infection in inpatient and outpatient care settings are two examples used to provide a practical “how to” guide for implementation.
There are 3 Webinars in this series:
1. How to Implement Implementation Science: An Introduction
- Speaker: Lisa Maragakis, MD, MPH
- Live webinar on 5/29/19 from 12:00-1:00 PM EST
2. Implementing an Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship Program: Chipping Away at the Iceberg
- Speaker: Jeffery Gerber, MD, PhD
- Live webinar on 6/25/19 from 12:00-1:00 PM EST
3. Preventing Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections in Healthcare Settings: Cementing Success and Raising the Bar
- Speaker: Joshua Schaffzin, MD, PhD
- Live webinar on 7/16/19 from 12:00-1:00 PM EST
The recorded webinars and PowerPoint presentations will be posted in this course the day after the live events.
Healthcare epidemiologists; quality and patient safety specialists; physicians; infection preventionists; antimicrobial stewardship pharmacists.
- Provide an overview of the principles and tools of implementation science, and strategies to move evidence-based guidelines and research into consistent healthcare practice.
- Provide a practical “how to” tips guide to address implementation challenges in starting and sustaining an outpatient antimicrobial stewardship program.
- Provide a practical “how to” tips guide to address implementation challenges in preventing central line associated
Each webinar is worth 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. You can earn up to 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Purchase the series or individual webinars by checking the boxes (if you are not directed to checkout, click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner)
- Click "Take Course"
- *Be sure to click "Join Webinar" in order to register and receive email directions and reminders before the live event
- After listening to the Webinar, take the Post Test
- Download or print your certificate