Our Role in Creating a Culture of Safety
The goal of this series is to provide an overview of quality improvement terminology, techniques and tools for the hospital epidemiologist, and how these can be leveraged to achieve better patient safety and outcomes through the lenses of antimicrobial stewardship and infection control.
Part 3 of 5
"Our Role in Creating a Culture of Safety" by Keith Kaye
- Define what is meant by culture of safety and explain why it is necessary in healthcare.
- Identify behaviors and processes that increase the safety culture of an organization.
- Demonstrate actions that can increase the safety culture in your healthcare setting
- Discuss Healthcare Epidemiology as a viable pathway to a career in quality and patient safety
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Purchase the course (if you are not directed to checkout, click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner)
- Click "Take Course"
- Click "Join Webinar" in order to register and recieve email directions and reminders
- After listening to the Webinar, take the Post Test
- Download or print your certificate