The Advocacy Toolkit for Beginners will show you how to be an effective advocate to advance SHEA’s mission, stay informed on the most critical or priority “asks” for the profession, and to better understand the key policy issues that are top-of-mind for members and society leaders.
RESOURCES FOR BEGINNER ADVOCATES:
- How to Hug a Porcupine: Relationship Building with Lawmakers and Why It's Important
- Creating Effective Stories to Share with Lawmakers: How to Create Stories to Move the Hearts, Minds, and VOTES of Lawmakers
- What Congress is Looking for in Constituent Communications
- The Value of Personalizing & Localizing Messages to Congress
- How to Build Relationships Back Home
*Training tools are subject to change, so dont miss out on any important information!